Religion Sees The Rule, Jesus Sees The Person

“Whether he is a sinner or not, I do not know. One thing I do know: I was blind, but now I see.”
Hmmm…
Interesting that Jesus repeatedly chose the Sabbath to perform earth-shattering miracles?
He healed the man who had been lying helpless by the pool for thirty-eight years on the Sabbath. He opened the eyes of the man born blind on the Sabbath. Again and again, He deliberately confronted a religion that had become more concerned with rules than with restoration, more interested in ritual than in mercy.
His message was unmistakable: the Sabbath was made for humanity, not humanity for the Sabbath. Mercy is not a violation of God’s law. Mercy is its fulfillment.
Jesus was not merely breaking with tradition. He was revealing His authority over it.
“I am Lord of the Sabbath.”
That is the question the miracles forced everyone to confront.
Not simply, “Was this done on the Sabbath?” but, “Who has the authority to command even the Sabbath?”
The healed man’s answer remains one of the most powerful testimonies in Scripture:
“Whether he is a sinner or not, I do not know. One thing I do know: I was blind, but now I see.”
Sometimes a transformed life is the strongest argument of all.
I rest my case
Obi Akaraiwe | Don Kenobi #OldManInTheMolue | #MyFrancisEssays
No comments:
Post a Comment